High travel pressure during the Easter break – arrive at the airport well in advance and have your travel documents in order as much as possible
2022-04-13, kl. 06:25
Many people will fly via our airports for the Easter holidays, which means there will be a lot of travel pressure and longer wait times than usual periodically. Arrive at the airport well in advance and have your travel documents in order as much as possible.
If you are flying out of Stockholm Arlanda Airport, we recommend that you allow extra time at the airport. Wait times at Arlanda may be longer than usual at check-in and the security checkpoint at times.
“With the Easter holidays approaching, many people want to travel at the same time, and there is a lot of pressure with many people travelling in the morning and afternoon so we recommend that our passengers flying via Arlanda allow extra time at the airport. We expect Wednesday to Friday and Sunday to be the most travel-intensive days. There may thus be longer queues than usual at times, for example at the security checkpoint but also at check-in, which we naturally regret. We have terminal hosts and additional hosts on hand at the entrances to help passengers during the Easter break. Both we and our business partners at the airports are currently carrying out intensive recruitment work to strengthen our operations in order to best handle more passengers after two years of the Covid pandemic,” says Peder Grunditz, Swedavia’s Chief Operating Officer.
Tips for a smoother journey
- Arrive well in advance and have your travel documents in order as much as possible – check with your airline to see when your check-in/baggage drop opens.
- Check in online if possible.
- Check what travel documents you need for your destination and have them ready for smoother check-in.
- Also check whether your airline/destination requires a face covering.
- Pack your hand baggage correctly so screening goes faster for you and for others at the security checkpoint. Be ready when it is your turn – take off your jacket, remove electronic devices and bags of liquids from your bag and place them separately in a tray on the belt.
If you are flying from Arlanda
- Allow extra time at the airport and keep informed about what your airline recommends. If you will be checking in, it is important to be at the check-in counter well before check-in opens.
- We expect Wednesday through Friday and Sunday to be the most intensive travel days during the Easter break. There may thus be longer wait times than usual at times, for example at the security checkpoint and at check-in.
- Please note that we have construction work going on inside and outside Terminal 5, which may affect you when you arrive at the airport. See our website for the latest information about the refurbishment work.
- International traffic departs from both Terminal 5 and Terminal 2.Find out which terminal your flight will depart from via your airline.
- All domestic traffic departs from Terminal 5. This may entail longer distances from other terminals and longer wait times than you may be used to.
For further information, please contact Swedavia’s office at tel. +46 (0)10-109 01 00 or email@example.com.