It is obligatory for all travellers to pass through airport security.
The objective is to find objects that are forbidden to take on board the aircraft and in so called authorization zones – areas dedicated to travellers who have passed through airport security before boarding the aircraft.
If you are prepared before passing airport security, the process is smooth and fast.
Suggestions before airport security
- Have your boarding card ready to show when you reach the document control point just before airport security
- Place your hand baggage in one of the plastic boxes used at airport security – remove from you hand baggage any liquids, liquid medicines, special dietary food and baby food that you have with you
- If you are wearing coats, place them in a plastic box as well
- Do not carry any loose objects in your pockets – remove keys, coins or mobile phones
- If you have a belt with a large buckle or are wearing large jewelery, remove them as well as they can set off the metal detector
- Remove laptop computers and other electronic equipment from any cases and place them on the conveyor belt
- Depending on the airport, you may be asked to remove your shoes and place them on the conveyor belt
- Walk through the metal detector while your hand baggage is passing through the x-ray machine
- Any unauthorised objects found in your possession will be taken from you
If you are flying to Stockholm Arlanda Airport and are going to fly directly on a domestic flight from another terminal, you must go through customs and then pass through a new security control in the other terminal. If you are coming from an international destination and are going to continue on an international flight, it is not certain that you will pass through a new security control. This depends on which country you have come from, and which country you are travelling onwards to.
There are buses at the airport which transfer you at no cost between the different terminals and SkyCity, but you can also walk inside between the different terminals.
You can also take a transfer bus to car parks outside of Arlanda’s area.
The airport’s yellow transfer buses
Parking bus Alfa
Transfer bus between terminals, police. customs, the Arlanda Alfa long-time parking facility and hotels.
- Route: Arlanda Alfa long-time parking facility, Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel, Jumbo Stay, Sixt/customs (same stop as Jumbo) and the Sixt car rental office.
- 04.00-24.00 (four times per hour). All other times: the bus runs in connection with departing and arriving flights.
Parking bus Beta
Transfer bus between terminals, police and the Arlanda Beta long-time parking facility.
- Route: Terminals 2, 3, 4, 5, Arlanda Beta long-time parking facility and the Avis, Hertz, Europcar and Budget car rental offices.
- Hours: 03.00-05.00 (six times per hour) and 05.00-24.00 (eight times per hour). All other times: the bus runs in connection with departing and arriving flights.
Map over bustransfer routes (opens in new window)
Transfer between terminals
New – starting in October 2017, if you are a domestic passenger arriving in Terminal 4, you can take a transfer bus to Terminal 2 or Terminal 5 to continue on to your international flight without having to go through the security checkpoint again.
Map and timetable – pdf, 237 Kb (new window)
Other transfer buses
Other transfer buses stop at bus stop 12 outside the Arlanda terminals and transfer you to other long-term parking areas outside the airport area.