A smoother start to your Christmas holiday
The Christmas holiday travel season is getting under way at Stockholm Arlanda Airport. With a few easy preparations you will get a smooth way to start your Christmas holiday. Here you find our best tips!
9 quick tips before your trip
- Check your passport – read more about passports here.
- Pack properly while you are still at home. Are you bringing Christmas food? Keep especially in mind that many Christmas foods contain liquids, such as pickled herring and Jansson’s Temptation. Liquids must be well wrapped so that they do not start leaking. Read more about baggage here.
- How big can your hand baggage be? Check with your airline.
- Which terminal are you flying from? A list of our airlines and terminals.
- If you're taking your car – pre-book your parking here to get a guaranteed space
- Check in at home if you have the possibility – save your boarding card on your mobile or print it out at home
- Get real-time updates on your departure via Messenger.
- Download Swedavia's app – you can save your flight here and quickly see if there are any changes. App Store or Google Play
- Arrive well in advance. Not only are there more travellers who will be flying at the same time – everyone also has more baggage, perhaps including Christmas presents and ski equipment. See what your airline recommends.
Do you know Swea?
Say hello to Swea, our digital airport assistant, who provides you with real-time flight updates, information about shopping, restaurants and services. Swea also answers questions about your stay at the airport.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, if you arrive at Terminal 4 and your connecting flight leaves from Terminal 2 or 5 and if your baggage has been checked to your final destination, then you can take the transfer bus. In that case, you do not need to go through security screening again.
You can see waiting times at the airport’s security checkpoints online and in Swedavia’s app before you travel to the airport. You can also see them on screens by the security checkpoint.
You can find play areas in Terminal 2, 3, 4 and 5 at Stockholm Arlanda Airport. The kids can play and burn off some energy here together with the bird Flajt before the start of their journey.
Special baggage is, for example, children’s strollers or pushchairs, golf bags, skis or bicycles but can also be backpacks with loose straps and bags that are either too big or too small.
Contact your airline or charter operator for exact measurements and rules.