Buses that take you to and from Stockholm Arlanda Airport.
Buses to and from Stockholm Arlanda Airport
Flygbussarna – Stockholm City, Liljeholmen, Bromma
Flygbussarna Airport Coaches set high environmental standards and all buses run on biofuel. Flygbussarna also works on making the trip even greener through a Smart driving program to save fuel. Flygbussarna Airport Coaches offers wi-fi on all buses.
Flygbussarna buses between Stockholm Arlanda and the Stockholm city centre run every ten minutes during most of the day. The route has bus stops along the motorway and at St Eriksplan.
Liljeholmen via Karolinska, Fridhemsplan and Hornstull
Flygbussarna Airport Coaches run up to every 20 minutes between Arlanda and Liljeholmen in both directions. The route has stops at Karolinska, Fridhemsplan and Hornstull.
Brommaplan via Kista, Sundbyberg and Bromma Stockholm Airport
Flygbussarna’s new service between Bromma Stockholm Airport and Stockholm Arlanda Airport has departures every 20 minutes or less. The route connects Stockholm Arlanda and Bromma Airport, with stops in Kista and Sundbyberg.
- Automated machines in the terminals and at the bus stops
- Text message (SMS) tickets
- Pressbyrån outlets and 7-Eleven shops
- Flygbussarna’s app
- E-tickets via Flygbussarna airport coaches website (new window)
- On board the bus (Only cards accepted)
Airport coaches - Uppsala
The public transport company Upplands Lokaltrafik (UL) runs the airport coach route 801 between Uppsala and Arlanda. Buses depart twice an hour between 3 a.m. and 12 midnight.
Tickets Airport Coaches
- Arlanda Visitor Centre in Terminal 5 or at other information desks in Terminals 2 and 4
- Self-service ticket machines are available at the stops at Terminals 2, 4 and 5
- Sms ticket
- Only payment by card accepted on board the coach
Stockholm and Uppsala night buses
SL (Stockholm Transport) operates night bus 592 between Arlanda and central Stockholm and night bus 593 between Uppsala and central Stockholm via Knivsta station and Arlanda. For timetables and more information, visit SL's website.
SL website (new window)
Nettbuss Bus4You Västerås, Örebro and Karlstad
Nettbuss Bus4You runs non-stop from Stockholm Arlanda to Västerås and continues to Örebro and Karlstad. There is free WiFi and an electrical outlet at every seat. You can purchase tickets on Nettbuss’ website, using their app for iPhone or Android, at Swedavia’s information desks, at travel agents and in automated ticket machines in Terminal 2 (after the security checkpoint), Terminal 4 (before the security checkpoint) and Terminal 5 (both before and after the checkpoint).
All trips with Nettbuss Bus4You are environmentally certified. The buses to Stockholm Arlanda run on 100% RME (bio-based fuel), and drivers are trained in eco-friendly driving tactics. Nettbuss is also certified in compliance with ISO 3901:2012 traffic standards.
Swebus airport service
Swebus’ route 866 serves the route Stockholm Arlanda–Enköping–Västerås–Örebro with service every hour for large parts of the day.
Route 830 serves the route Uppsala–Norrköping–Linköping–Jönköping–Gothenburg via Stockholm Arlanda about four times a day in both directions.
Route 832 serves the route Uppsala–Norrköping–Linköping–Jönköping–Malmö via Stockholm Arlanda once a day in both directions.
Route 835 serves the route Kalmar–Västervik–Norrköping–Uppsala via Stockholm Arlanda twice a day; only northbound service available.
Swebus stops at all terminals at Stockholm Arlanda.
Tickets Swebus airport service
- Ticket machines at all terminals (only route 866)
- Arlanda Visitor Center in Terminal 5 or at the information desks in Terminal 2 and Terminal 4
- Only payment by credit/debit card on board the bus
- E-tickets and SMS (text message) tickets available on Swebus’ website
In addition to single tickets, you can purchase a 10-ride card and a monthly card.
Other destinations - SL, UL, Swebus and Y-buss
There are also buses to and from Märsta, Rotebro, Östra Steninge, Enköping, Knutby, Knivsta, Umeå, Karlstad, Sundsvall, Hudiksvall and Söderhamn – look up your trip in the travel planner.
Airport transfer buses
You can also take a transfer bus to car parks outside of Arlanda’s area.
The airport’s yellow transfer buses
Parking bus Alfa
Transfer bus between terminals, police. customs, the Arlanda Alfa long-time parking facility and hotels.
- Route: Arlanda Alfa long-time parking facility, Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel, Jumbo Stay, Sixt/customs (same stop as Jumbo) and the Sixt car rental office.
- 04.00-24.00 (four times per hour). All other times: the bus runs in connection with departing and arriving flights.
Parking bus Beta
Transfer bus between terminals, police and the Arlanda Beta long-time parking facility.
- Route: Terminals 2, 3, 4, 5, Arlanda Beta long-time parking facility and the Avis, Hertz, Europcar and Budget car rental offices.
- Hours: 03.00-05.00 (six times per hour) and 05.00-24.00 (eight times per hour). All other times: the bus runs in connection with departing and arriving flights.
Other transfer buses
Other transfer buses stop at bus stop 12 outside the Arlanda terminals and transfer you to other long-term parking areas outside the airport area.