Swedavia's traffic statistics for June 2019
During June, 3,845,000 passengers flew to or from Swedavia’s ten airports, which is a 2 per cent decrease compared to the same month last year. Göteborg Landvetter Airport had a total of 654,000 passengers, which is unchanged compared to the same month in 2018. Swedavia’s other nine airports had a lower number of passengers compared to the same month last year.
There were a total of 2,809,000 international passengers at Swedavia’s airports in June, which is a 1 per cent decrease compared to the same month last year. There were 1,036,000 domestic passengers, a decrease of 5 per cent.
Stockholm Arlanda Airport, Sweden’s largest airport, had a total of 2,494,000 passengers in June, which is a 3 per cent decrease compared to the same month last year. The number of international passengers totalled 2,100,000, which is a 2 per cent decrease, while the number of domestic passengers totalled 394,000, a 5 per cent decrease.
Göteborg Landvetter Airport had a total of 654,000 passengers in June, which is unchanged compared to the same month in 2018. The traffic trend was positively affected by a continued increase in international travel, which rose 3 per cent to 551,000 passengers. However, domestic travel fell 12 per cent compared to the same month last year to 103,000 passengers.
At Bromma Stockholm Airport, there were a total of 208,000 passengers in June, which is a 2 per cent decrease compared to June last year.
In line with the traffic trend so far this year, Swedavia’s regional airports showed local differences in the travel pattern in June. Overall, international traffic increased 1 per cent at the company’s regional airports, while domestic traffic continued to decrease, falling 3 per cent. Visby Airport saw an increase in domestic traffic in June.
For many years, Swedavia has carried out ambitious sustainability work. All ten of its airports shall have zero emissions of fossil carbon dioxide from their own operations by 2020. Swedavia also works actively to promote the industry’s transition to bio fuel and has the goal that five per cent of all fuel used to refuel aircraft at Swedish airports shall be fossil-free by 2025. Since 2016, Swedavia purchases bio fuel equivalent to the amount used for the company’s flights for business purposes, about 450 tonnes a year.