A smoother start to your Christmas journey
The Christmas holiday travel season is getting under way at Göteborg Landvetter Airport. With a few easy preparations you will get a smooth way to start your Christmas holiday. Here you find our best tips!
8 quick tips – follow our checklist
- Check your passport – read more about passports here.
- Pack properly while you are still at home. Are you bringing Christmas food? Keep especially in mind that many Christmas foods contain liquids, such as pickled herring and Jansson’s Temptation. Liquids must be well wrapped so that they do not start leaking. Read more about baggage here.
- How big can your hand baggage be? Check with your airline.
- Check in at home – save your boarding card on your mobile or print it out in advance
- If you're taking your car – pre-book your parking here to get a guaranteed spaced
- Get real-time updates about your flight via Messenger.
- Download Swedavia's app – you can save your flight here and quickly see if there are any changes. App Store or Google Play
- Be sure to arrive well in advance. Not only are there more travellers who will be flying at the same time – everyone also has more baggage, perhaps including Christmas presents and ski equipment. See what your airline recommend
Do you know Swea?
Say hello to Swea, our digital airport assistant, who provides you with real-time flight updates, information about shopping, restaurants and services. Swea also answers questions about your stay at the airport.
Frequently asked questions
Special baggage is, for example, children’s strollers or pushchairs, golf bags, skis or bicycles but can also be backpacks with loose straps and bags that are either too big or too small.
Contact your airline or charter operator for exact measurements and rules.
When you’re using a self-service machine when checking in, your baggage tag is printed and you have to attach it yourself.
Remove and save the baggage receipt. Then attatch the baggage tag in a shape of a drop to the bag handle with the bar code facing outward.
At Göteborg Landvetter you find a play area after the security checkpoint near gate 19A-B and also a play area at the baggage claim area.