Continued increase in air passengers
Passenger volume continues to rise at Swedavia’s airports. During August, 3,560,000 people flew to or from one the Group’s ten airports, which is a 4 per cent increase compared to August last year.
Passenger volume has increased every month so far this year. During the year, the total number of passengers has risen 5 per cent, and after eight months, more than 26 million passengers have flown to or from one of Swedavia’s airports.
In August 2016, 2,503,000 passengers flew to or from a destination abroad via Swedavia’s airports, a 5 per cent increase compared to the same month in 2015.
Domestic traffic also saw an increase in passenger volume, though not as large as the rise in international traffic. Some 1,058,000 passengers flew domestically to or from a Swedavia airport in August 2016, which is a 2 per cent increase compared to August last year.
This year, total passenger volume at Swedavia’s airports for international traffic is up 6 per cent and for domestic traffic 4 per cent.
During the first eight months of the year, nine of Swedavia’s ten airports had passenger growth of between 1 and 6 per cent.
The number of landings at Swedavia’s airports in August was 17,400, a 2 per cent increase compared to August 2015.
Notable traffic statistics for August:
- Passenger volume at Swedavia’s airports has increased every month so far this year.
- Passenger volume at Stockholm Arlanda Airport was up 6 per cent in August compared to last year.
- Some 2.3 million passengers flew to or from Stockholm Arlanda in August 2016.
- Visby Airport and Ronneby Airport each had an 8 per cent increase in passenger volume in August.
- 583,200 passengers flew to or from Göteborg Landvetter Airport in August, which is a new August record and an increase of 3 per cent compared to August last year.