All passengers must check in in order to receive a boarding card which gives you access to the aircraft – even if you are only taking hand baggage on board with you.
You can check in on your mobile phone or computer, at an automated check-in machine or check-in counter.
How far in advance do you need to check in?
Airlines have different recommendations for when you need to check in. So contact your airline to see what the case is for your flight.
ID or passport
Also keep in mind that you must be prepared to verify your identity so take an ID or passport, depending on where you’re travelling.
More tips before your journey
We have compiled our best tips so that you’ll have as smooth a start to your journey as possible.
Self service Check-in
Self Service Bagdrop
- Place your bag on the conveyor belt (one bag at a time).
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Start to scan your baggage tag.
- The bag is carried along on the conveyor belt.
- Once check-in is complete you get a confirmation on the screen.
- Now you are ready for the security check.
Special baggage, such as golf equipment or a pram (baby carriage), cannot be checked in at the Self Service Bagdrop. You should instead go to a staffed check-in counter.