What you can do
By purchasing renewable jet fuel when you fly, you help reduce carbon dioxide emissions and make an important contribution to tackling climate change.
Climate offset – purchase renewable jet fuel
By purchasing renewable jet fuel for your flight, you can reduce the impact of your flight on the climate by up to 80 per cent. This also drives demand for bio jet fuel, which supports large-scale climate change adaptation.
As a passenger, you can purchase renewable jet fuel, among other ways, through the Fly Green Fund or directly from one of the Swedish airlines. You can purchase fuel for either your entire flight or part of it. Regardless of what you do, you make an important contribution to help tackle climate change since the renewable fuel used will replace the equivalent amount of fossil fuel.
If you are not travelling on business, you can pay using Swish, for instance. Companies and government agencies can sign more long-term agreements.
How can you fly more sustainably?
- Take public transport to and from the airport to reduce your climate impact from the very start of your journey.
- Choose direct flights if possible to avoid layovers.
- Purchase renewable jet fuel through the Fly Green Fund – either for your entire flight or part of it. If you are not travelling on business, you can pay using Swish, but companies and government agencies can sign a longer-term agreement.
- Carbon-offset. A number of airlines provide passengers with an opportunity to carbon-offset their flight or reduce their climate impact when they buy their ticket.
- Pack light. Less weight means less fuel consumption.
- Choose airlines that have a younger fleet of aircraft. New materials, new design, new engines and new fuels enable the new generation of aircraft to fly more fuel-efficiently than ever. New aircraft use less than 0.3 litres of fuel per passenger and 10 kilometres. In the longer term, there are a number of proposals as to what aircraft could look like to further reduce fuel consumption.