Environmental impact and policies
The environmental impact of aviation is of critical importance to the aviation industry and thus to the airport. It is therefore important to continually strive to mitigate the negative environmental impact of our airports, primarily by reducing the emissions of climate-changing gases, reducing other emissions to the air and water, and minimising the use of chemicals and the generation of waste.
For us, it is a matter of course to comply with environmental laws in force as well as other national and international regulations and requirements. Swedavia, which operates the airport, also works to limit aviation noise and emissions from airport operations. In order to achieve this, it is necessary to work using the following strategies.
- Concern for the environment shall be an integral part of all operations and be a factor in our decisions.
- Climate change is the most important environmental issue for the aviation industry, and shall be given priority in our decisions and activities.
- Swedavia shall continually make our operations more energy efficient, and direct operations towards sustainable use of resources.
- Swedavia’s employees shall all be involved in the company’s environmental efforts, and be very familiar with relevant laws.
- Swedavia shall assess and manage the environmental risks of operations in a systematic way.
- Swedavia shall take an active part in local, regional, national and international efforts aimed at reducing the negative environmental impact of the aviation industry and work for the sustainable development of its airports.