2013-12-06, kl. 10:20
After an extensive refurbishment, in which Swedavia and its co-financiers invested SEK 105 million, Luleå Airport has become a modern airport that can meet the needs of future travel. The airport now offers increased capacity for both domestic and international flights.
New features at Luleå Airport:
- Improved areas for passengers – more seating, more lavatories, new flooring in the terminal, repainted terminal, new lighting and decoration on the walls, with pictures of the Luleå surroundings. Gate 2 has also been opened up, providing greater access, and Gate 5 is bigger.
- The security checkpoint area has a new passport control one level up and more efficient flows as a result.
- A new baggage hall and baggage sorting facilities have been built.
- The areas around the entrance, taxi stand and car rental operations have been refurbished and improved, with a new entrance and larger check-in area.
- Improvements on airside enable Luleå to continue to accommodate large aircraft for cargo and passengers to northern Sweden. This includes a widening of the taxiway.
Co-financiers of Luleå Airport’s refurbishment are the European Regional Development Fund, Swedavia AB, the Norrbotten County Administrative Board, the Municipality of Luleå, the Norrbotten County Council, and the Municipalities of Boden, Piteå and Älvsbyn.