2014-11-27, kl. 12:39
While the trees are on display, passengers and employees can vote for their favourite Christmas tree. Swedavia is donating 16,000 Swedish kronor to charity in conjunction with the display. The winning Christmas tree, and thus the tree’s decorator, will give 5,000 kronor to a charity of their choice that partners with Swedavia, second place will give 4,000 kronor, third place 3,000 kronor and finally fourth to seventh place will give 1,000 kronor.
Swedavia’s partners are the Children’s Cancer, World Childhood Foundation, Ecpat, Doctors Without Borders and the Red Cross.
The Christmas tree decorators are:
- Alexander Majorov, figure skater from Luleå Konståkningsklubb, Olympic athlete in Sochi 2014 and bronze medalist in the Junior World Championships 2011.
- Lisbeth Grape, bodybuilding champion with World Championship, European Championship and eight national championship titles.
- Niklas Nordström, municipal commissioner in Luleå.
- Petter Nyberg, sommelier and restaurant manager at the restaurant CG, beverage manager at the Crown Princess Victoria's wedding.
- Emma Eriksson and Nathalie Lindén, Northland Basket, Swedish champions 2014.
- Kristian Pettersson, BD Pop, promoter of the live music scene in Norrbotten.
- Rabarber, unique store in Piteå with arts and crafts created by nine local artists.
You too can vote
The Christmas tree display is located in the arrivals hall, next to Mat & Fika. People can vote at the airport from November 28 to January 6.