The environment at Luleå Airport
Luleå Airport is owned and operated by Swedavia, which works continuously to reduce its environmental impact under the ISO 14001 environmental management system. The airport works actively to reduce its carbon dioxide emissions and has a vision of zero emissions by 2020.
As part of its efforts to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, Luleå Airport will:
- Provide block (engine) heaters to passengers at its long-term parking facility.
- Increase the number of parking spaces for environmental cars in its short-term parking facility.
- Continue to adjust its fleet of vehicles to meet higher environmental standards.
- Develop an action programme to improve Swedavia’s aircraft noise classification system.
- Carry out an assessment of recipient waterways in order to reduce the impact of airport operations on surface water recipients.