A smoother start to your journey
With a few easy preparations you will get a smooth way to start your journey. Here you find our best tips!
8 quick tips before your journey
- Check your passport – read more about passports here.
- Pack properly while you are still at home. Read more about baggage here.
- How big can your hand baggage be? Check with your airline.
- Check in at home – save your boarding card on your mobile or print it out when you get to the airport
- If you're taking your car – pre-book your parking here to get a guaranteed spaced
- Get real-time updates about your flight via Messenger
- Download Swedavia's app – you can save your flight here and quickly see if there are any changes. App Store or Google Play
- Be sure to arrive well in advance. See what your airline recommends.
Frequently asked questions
You can see waiting times at the airport’s security checkpoints online and in Swedavia’s app before you travel to the airport. You can also see them on screens by the security checkpoint.
Special baggage is, for example, children’s strollers or pushchairs, golf bags, skis or bicycles but can also be backpacks with loose straps and bags that are either too big or too small.
Contact your airline or charter operator for exact measurements and rules.