The Stockholm region is growing, and so too is commerce. More and more businesses need new areas to set up operations in. At the same time, there is a desire to concentrate operations in well-developed corporate parks with good services and access.
Swedavia, the Municipality of Sigtuna and Arlandastad Holding have together set out a vision: create a modern airport city with a vibrant city centre and attractive workplaces, in a location that offers exceptional access to the region, Sweden and the world.
A joint strategy has also been devised for building Airport City, a clear indication of the three partners’ shared drive and a tool for quickly achieving this vision.
Read more about the strategy for building Airport City. (new window)
Perfect location with nearby access to the rest of the world
It is hard to beat the location of Airport City Stockholm: adjacent to the largest airport in Sweden, between Stockholm and Uppsala, the growing city offers nearby access to railways, roads, air travel and the rest of the world. Some 20,000 people already work here, 200 companies have set up operations at the airport and over 19 million travellers passed through the area in 2012.
The objective of the new development is to be sustainable, commercial, nearby, urban and environmentally sound, which makes Airport City Stockholm the only urban development project of its kind in the world.
Airport City districts
Airport City will consist of six districts, each with its own special purpose. The first office complex to be built in the city centre is SkyCity Office One.
Read more about SkyCity Office One.
1. SkyCity: the city centre, which will give people a sense that they are already in the Stockholm city centre
2. Park City: airport entrance, a green park linking the area with other parts of Airport City
3. DriveLAB Stockholm: knowledge cluster for developing the automotive industry of the future
4. Märsta Business Park: established corporate park with good services which is closely integrated with the town of Märsta.
5. Cargo City – Cargo and logistics at the airport: located adjacent to the airport with a focus on cargo and logistics.
6. Logistic Center – Rosersberg Logistik along Route E4: logistics hub with warehouses and extensive parking and transport areas.
||Stefan Stenberg, Business Area Manager Swedavia Real Estate AB
||+46 (0)10 109 12 95