Travelling with children
Tips for how to make your visit to the airport with children easier
- Get to the airport on time so that neither children nor adults are stressed. It is recommended that you be there at least two hours before departure.
- Let your children run off their energy before boarding.
- Check your outer garments in the airport left luggage lockers or cloakroom if you are travelling to a warm destination.
- It is a good idea to “mark” smaller children with your mobile phone number in case you get separated.
- Download Swedavia Swedish Airports app (free) - nice to have both before your journey and when you are at the airport.
Download app for iPhone (new window)
Download app for Android (new window)
Loan of prams
The majority of airlines request that prams are checked in. If you need a pram after checking in, there are prams that can be loaned in terminals 2, 4 and 5. If you are travelling from Terminal 3, you can pick one up in Terminal 2.
At Stockholm Arlanda Airport there are three playgrounds: one in Terminal 4 and two in Terminal 5. All three have been designed together with Junibacken.
Play area in Terminal 5
Play area in Terminal 4
You can also download or print out map ahead of time.
Baby changing room
Baby changing rooms are located in all terminals, in both the men's and women's toilets.
Assistance service for children travelling alone
Information about assistance service for children travelling alone