It is obligatory for all travellers to pass through airport security. The objective is to find objects that are forbidden to take on board the aircraft and in so called authorization zones – areas dedicated to travellers who have passed through airport security before boarding the aircraft.
If you are prepared before passing airport security, the process is smooth and fast.
Prohibited articles - read more at the Transportstyrelsens website (new window)
Suggestions before airport security
- Have your boarding card ready to show when you reach the document control point just before airport security
- Place your hand baggage in one of the plastic boxes used at airport security – remove from you hand baggage any liquids, liquid medicines, special dietary food and baby food that you have with you
- If you are wearing coats, place them in a plastic box as well
- Do not carry any loose objects in your pockets – remove keys, coins or mobile phones
- If you have a belt with a large buckle or are wearing large jewelery, remove them as well as they can set off the metal detector
- Remove laptop computers and other electronic equipment from any cases and place them on the conveyor belt
- Depending on the airport, you may be asked to remove your shoes and place them on the conveyor belt
- Walk through the metal detector while your hand baggage is passing through the x-ray machine
- Any unauthorised objects found in your possession will be taken from you